September and October have been packed FULL of wedding festivity fun for us! Johnnie and I headed back to the Buckeye state the weekend of October 8th for the wedding of our friends, Ryan and Tara. Ryan and Johnnie both grew up in Canton and they were roommates throughout their entire undergraduate career at the University of Cincinnati.
The wedding took place in a picture perfect white church in Gates Mills, OH. Here is a picture of the newly married Mr. and Mrs. McKee just after the ceremony!!
The reception was right across the street from the church, at The Chagrin Valley Hunt Club. Everything about the evening was classy and beautiful!
Rick, Johnnie, Tim, and Dave at the cocktail hour. These guys are some of Johnnie and Ryan's other former roommates...
Our standard wedding shot together...
Roomies' table + wifeys. :)
(From left: Rick & Jamie, Ann & Tim, Me & Johnnie, Dave & Karen)
The bride + roommates picture became a tradition several weddings back...

The highlight of the night for me was when I heard the D.J. announce that the bouquet toss was open to ALL ladies...single or married!! I can't express how much I miss participating in this popular wedding game, probably because I was so good at it in my former single life. haha:)
I wouldn't brag if it wasn't true...but look who caught the bouquet!!!
We are so happy for ya'll, Tara and Ryan. Congratulations again!!
***********
When we were not reminiscing about the glory days of college or catching bouquets, Johnnie and I were loving every minute of our time spent with family in Canton.
On Sunday morning, my sister-in-law and I took my niece, Addelyn, to a pumpkin patch and petting zoo.
Kelsey and Addelyn...
Addelyn trying to help pull the wagon...not overly successful but most definitely cute!
Loved the goats!! I wanted to take this guy home with me...I wonder what the pet relocation rules for goats are like in Malaysia. :)
And this little gem below was a gift to Addelyn from her favorite aunt and uncle (Johnnie told me to write that). :)
In all seriousness, I saw this at Target and just had to get it for Addy. My only regret is that it's not big enough for 5'4 adults to sit in. :(
I wish I had remembered to take a picture of our fun family get-together Sunday afternoon. Mr. and Mrs. Evans cooked a delicious meal (as usual) and we got to spend time with Johnnie's grandparents (Baba & Dado), his Godparents (Kum & Kuma), Nick, Kelsey, and Addelyn.
All in all, it was a fantastic weekend. We just wish we lived close enough to visit more often!















1 comments:
Hi Katherine! Love your blog! Glad to see you and Johnnie are doing so well! Keep us updated! Love, love, love!
Post a Comment