Like I said, we have been very busy making the wedding rounds this past month! The weekend after we went to Cleveland, Johnnie and I headed down south to San Antonio for the wedding of our friends Dalia and Gopal. Dalia and I have been friends since Kindergarten and I was so happy to be there for her special day!
The wedding was held at the amazingly beautiful JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa. I don't know what I was thinking, not taking more pictures of the place, but at least I got a pic of the view from our room...
On Friday, Dalia and her gals attended the Mehndi ceremony. This ceremony is typically held on the eve of the wedding and an artist will apply very intricate henna designs to the bride's hands and feet. All of the guests got to get henna-d up as well!!! I was soooo excited about this.
See the excited face??? :)
Me, Dalia, and Amanda (high school theatre pals) at the rehearsal dinner.
On Saturday morning, I picked Johnnie and my friend Emily up from the airport. I just HAD to get a picture of their wardrobe choices. :)
Emily and me before the first wedding ceremony...
Johnnie and me at the super cool hotel sports bar before the wedding...somehow I managed to get Johnnie to take his eyes off the ginormous T.V. screens for long enough to take this picture. :)
Gopal and Dalia's first wedding ceremony was what would be considered a traditional American ceremony. Dalia looked absolutely gorgeous in her mother's wedding gown. I love this picture of her dad walking her down the aisle.
The happy couple after they exchanged the sweetest self-written vows...
All of Dalia's bridesmaids wore beautiful purple saris...
The second ceremony was a Telugu-Bangla cultural ceremony...so cool! Here is a picture of the smiley bride being escorted down the aisle by her uncles...
I wasn't the only one leaning into the aisle to snap a picture. :)
Amanda, me, and Johnnie at the reception...
The bouquet toss...
Classic... :)
It's kind of hard to tell from this picture, but the group is gathered around an ice sculpture of the University of Texas tower. ALL of these people are UT alums. Hook 'em!!
This was such a fun weekend! It was so cool to see all of the different cultural elements woven into the wedding events. Everything was wonderful, Dal and Gopal...and we wish you years of love and happiness!





















0 comments:
Post a Comment