BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kansas City, Missouri


Johnnie and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary on June 20th!  We decided last year (after scrambling at the last minute to find random anniversary gifts for one another), that in future years we'd rather use the gift money to take a trip some place we've never been.  So, that's exactly what we did!

While Kansas City is not typically the first place that comes to mind when one imagines a romantic anniversary getaway, it was an easy drive from St. Louis, so that's where we went!  It turned out to be an awesome weekend and we really liked KC. 

Several people had recommended that we stay in the Country Club Plaza area of town.  Great advice!  The "Plaza" was fantastic, with lots of shopping and eating establishments at our fingertips.  We stayed in a Courtyard by Marriott, which is not usually anything special.  This Courtyard, however, is located in the historic Park Lane Apartment building and is now on the National Register of Historic Places.  The building itself was cool and we really liked the boutique style interior.  For anyone planning a trip to KC, stay here for sure!


These were the "milk closets" located on all guest floors.  Back in the day, the milk men would leave their deliveries in these mini closets for the tenants.


When we checked in to our room, we discovered this surprise sent from my parents.  So thoughtful (and delicious) - thanks Mom and Dad!


Kansas City is known as the "City of Fountains."  One fun fact that we learned is that KC ranks 2nd in the world for the number of fountains it has.  Only Rome, Italy has more.


Overall, I don't feel like I did a very good job of taking pictures throughout the weekend, but here are a few more that I managed to snap...


KC...you truly were a masterpiece.  :)

2 comments:

Desigrrl said...

Katie--
Only you could make visiting Kansas City seem worthwhile...I love your pics.
And btw I totally about Miami being the best place for a bachelorette party--I had mine there!
Hugs,
N

Katherine said...

Haha...yeah, KC was great except that I didn't see any Red Lobsters while we were there. ;) Hope all is well with you, Josh, and baby Clough! Hope to see you in August when I'm in Cinci for a week!