No, we're not in Fort Myers at the moment (although we wish we were). This is the first of a few back-dated travel posts to let you know where in the world we WERE...
At the end of May, Johnnie and I traveled to Fort Myers along with both sets of our parents. My Uncle Chuck and Aunt Sue live there and every year, they organize a charity golf tournament called The Cajun Classic. The tourney was a great success and everyone had a lot of fun...
After the golf, Mrs. Evans got her first crawfish-peeling lesson from Mom. Do you see the skepticism on her face?? Love it!
We also got a chance to drive over to Sanibel Island and spend a fun day with the Mommas and the Poppas. Mom and Dad rented a convertible, which was awesome on the island!
I felt like we drove FOREVER before we found a good spot to park on the beach. I was definitely the annoying kid in the back..."Are we there yet????" But I do think we held out for a great piece of beach:
The beach bums:
Mr. Evans catching dinner with his bare hands. :) Don't be fooled...it was already dead...I was (not surprisingly) the only gullible one who believed he caught the little Nemo alive. You should have seen how fast I ran to take this picture!
Drinks at the Lazy Flamingo on Captiva Island before heading back to Fort Myers:
Needless to say, we all had a fabulous weekend in Fort Myers. Uncle Chuck and Aunt Sue were wonderful city hosts and we can't wait to go back again someday!
Where in the world did we go next??? Stay tuned...


















1 comments:
sigh. i miss Florida beaches...
Post a Comment