BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Orleans, Louisiana


Heaux Heaux Heaux!!  

Johnnie and I enjoyed a fabulous Cajun Christmas this year as we spent the holiday in New Orleans (and the greater NOLA area) with our family!

While we were waiting for our bags in baggage claim, we spotted this fine gentleman (and then I creepily took this picture while he looked away).  Any of you Buckeyes have a guess who it was??  


I'll just go ahead and tell you...it was this guy!  No...not Orville Redenbacher.  Gordon Gee, the president of The Ohio State University.  So, needless to say, SOMEbody in our party was VERY excited.  :)


On Christmas Eve, the whole family went to Aunt Carol and Uncle Bryant's for a party.  It's tradition...good times, great food, and Santa always makes an appearance before he gets busy delivering gifts to all the world's boys and girls.  

Here is my cousin Katie, her husband Richie, and their adorable almost-one-year-old, Wayne!  Johnnie and I stayed with these three while we were in town...thanks again Kabrichs!


I was IN LOVE with Aunt Carol's roast beef.  I want some right now!


Lookin' good, Mom and Pops!


My cousins Caroline, Katie, and Baby Wayne...


Granddaddy and Nance spent Christmas with the Wininger side of the family as well!  It was so great to have everyone together!


Mom, Lauren, Nance, and me...


The Griffin/Wininger family + Santa...


We love you Uncle Bryant, uh, I mean Santa.  ;)


Christmas morning was fun, getting to see Wayne open his very first gifts from Santa!


Momma and Wayne...


Reindeer bottom...adorable!


Christmas day was spent at my Aunt Beth and Uncle Dave's.  It was a pajama party this year and I sure hope that becomes a new tradition!!

Johnnie and Granddaddy.  I believe this was taken just before Johnnie left to go lay down upstairs because he wasn't feeling well.  Poor thing missed most of Christmas with a stomach bug. :(


Sassy sister in her onesie.  :)


There were sooo many presents under the tree!!


See?!?!


Uncle Dave, Richie, and Dad...cheersing to Christmas margaritas. I like it!!!


Caroline and Lauren...


Cousin Katies!!


Aunt Beth playing with Margaret and her new toy...


Seesters!


Just a little background...a few weeks before Christmas, an email chain is always started, to see who is bringing what for dinner.  My poor, neglected Uncle Chuck felt as though his "serious" comments were being ignored, so he threatened to have Christmas at The Waffle House, where he feels appreciated.  ;)

Uncle Chuck did show up to family Christmas, but the other uncles made sure he felt loved and appreciated...that's what family is for!!



Love you Uncle Chuck!!


The Pesses family...


The Wininger/Griffin family...


It's MY toy, Wayne!!!


But I'll share my treats!  :)


Johnnie finally rejoined the party later that night!  Feeling better, but still not ready for any oyster dressing...


The day after Christmas, we went down to the French Quarter with Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Austin.  We had dinner at the Bourbon House...



Johnnie and I stayed in the Quarter that night.  We had a flight out the next afternoon, so we made sure we got up early enough to hit up Cafe du Monde for some coffee and beignets!!

There is usually always a line...


Finally got our seat!



Mmmmmm...


Powdered sugar covered heaven!


Merry Christmas from the Evans'!!!  Hope it was happy for you all!


0 comments: